Monday, January 26, 2009

I love living in Titletown

Last night I had a dinner meeting with the lovely ladies of the Junior League Thrift Shop Committee at Stonewood Grill in Gainesville. I had forgotten how great the food and atmosphere was at that restaurant, and apparently Urban Meyer agreed, as he walked near our table and everyone turned and stared like he was a movie star! In honor of seeing the great Gator Football coach, I wanted to recap our recent Gator Football National Championship....

Thursday, January 8, 2009
Florida Gators vs. Oklahoma Sooners
Miami, Florida
BCS National Championship Game

James and I decided to watch the game on the big screen TV at the AGR house, and our good friends Justin and Lori joined us for an unbelievable game. It was definitely a nail biter through the first half, but Tim Tebow came through during the 3rd and 4th quarters and Gainesville once again erupted into craziness as everyone took to the streets to celebrate our 2nd football championship in 3 years.
Final score: Florida 24, Oklahoma 14



During the beginning of the celebration chaos Justin, James, Lori and I decided to watch the running and yelling from the front yard of AGR....








But, ultimately decided that we wanted to be actively participating in this historic moment, so we joined the crowd and walked to mid-town...





Considering this is our fourth Championship in 3 years (Basketball: 2006 & 2007) (Football: 2006 & 2008), I feel pretty spoiled and excited to have been a student and resident of Titletown for this Championship era. In the end, it was worth the lack of sleep and impending exhaustion at work on Friday to experience another win for the Gators.

And, considering that Tim Tebow is returning for his senior year...I have a good feeling about 2009....GO GATORS!!

2 comments:

Dawn McKinstry said...

You saw Urban Myer?!? Did you get his autograph?? That is so cool!

jmodica said...

It was really cool, I tried not to stare too much! He was walking around with purpose and on his cell phone...so we didn't want to bother him. Oh well, it was cool just to see him up close and around Gville!