After racing back to the apartment, we may have rested for about 20 minutes before it was time to get ready for the evening. Alli's roommate was home, so all four ladies were quickly getting prepared and pretty for a night on the town.
Previous dinner plans had been made at this incredibly fun restaurant, Vapiano, http://www.vapianointernational.com/. Upon entering the restaurant, a person at the front desk hands over a card, which is then used to record all food and beverage items consumed. It allowed us to freely visit the bar, the pasta, salad, and/or pizza stations. We secured a table and proceeded to fill up on great food, drinks, and conversation. The stations were amazing and Alli and I shared a great salad and veggie pizza-yum. The drinks were much cheaper here then at most DC clubs/bars, so we lingered and chatted with the birthday girl until it was time to walk to the club.
*Side note- we experienced little bits of randomness during the weekend. I was walking back to the table in Vapiano and a restaurant employee told me, "Your hair is beautiful, don't change a thing about it." Ummm, was that a compliment? Is this something that one normally tells complete strangers, I don't even remember what I said back- thank you perhaps? It was strange... (we had another strange interaction on Saturday, more on that later)
After everyone turned in their cards and paid, we stopped to get a quick picture:
It was a short walk to the club (which was a huge bonus for all the ladies in heels!). I was surprised by the price of drinks, even though Alli had given me much warning- it was still a sticker shock from the incredibly cheap deals which I am accustomed to in a college town. So we took a cue from Lady Gaga...just dance!
We always must do the twin self-portrait.
I love the deer in the headlights look in this picture- classic!
I was so hot from dancing, and starting to do serious damage to my eardrums at this point. The music was so loud!
Roomies!
I think it is a fair assumption to say that the night was a success. We partied like rock stars in DC, and the birthday girl had fun- mission accomplished. We took the metro and a cab back to the apartment and crashed. Next up...Part 3, Saturday and Sunday....
1 comment:
Yes, that music was way too loud. But it also had to do with the fact that you were currently SITTING ON THE SPEAKER!! ;)
Post a Comment